Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Lesson 2: Useful Expressions in German (I)

Below are some expressions that you should learn as they are quite common in German:

Guten Morgen Good morning
Guten Abend Good evening
Gute Nacht Good night.
Guten Tag! Hello! Good day!
Tag! Hi! (informal)

Wie heißen Sie? What is your name? (formal)
Mein name ist... My name is
Ich heiße... My name is
Freut mich. Pleased to meet you.

Wie geht es Ihnen? How are you? (formal)
Wie geht's? How are you (informal)

Es geht mir gut. I'm fine.
Es geht mir nicht schlecht. I'm not bad.
Es geht mir schlecht. I'm unwell.

Ja. Yes
Nein. No

Danke. Thank you.
Bitte. Please (or Thank you -- be careful, this word can be tricky)

Bis später. See you later.
Auf Wiedersehen! Good-bye
Tschüss Bye or Good-bye (informal)
Lesson 2: Useful Expressions in German (I)SocialTwist Tell-a-Friend

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog